PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No reply from SACAA...pls help!
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2011, 16:22
ct2003

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pls differentiate btw validation and conversion of your JAA PPL. I assume you need a conversation to start your CPL training? (I haven't checked.)
Details can usually be found on the CAA website and be deducted in exact detail from the relevant checklists as well as the relevant forms.

During validation of my JAR PPL, I also made the experience that the guys at the flight schools wanted me to go "their way", whatever this means. Some were simply not up to date with the latest SA AIC. Example: For the PPL validation, according to AIC, you only have to write the exam conducted by an Approved Training Organisation but not the computerized one. Instead, some flying schools insisted on the computerized one (as for SA licence holders) and wanted me to get a student number for such test from the CAA. CAA refused as they do not issue student numbers for such validation as you only have to undergo a written test try to explain this, as a foreigner, to the relevant CFI...

About two years ago when I was validating my JAA PPL, there was a lady at the CAA who was of big help (but I showed up at her office before). Neo Tigile ([email protected]). Answer took some days but it's may be worth a try.

Good luck!