PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyMap Planning Software
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2011, 08:38
MarkR1981

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for your help so far guys. Unfortunately the flymap flight planning software is not actually included with the unit I dont know if it perhaps was some time ago. (at least not with the F7)

Having now looked at the airbox website I was a liitle dissapointed with the flymap system in some respects. Whilst they appaer to be almost identical in operation the add-ons are comparably better priced on the airbox systems with an option to purchase for £150 a yearly chart update service, also airbox Fastplan is included with all of the units except the cheaper Airbox Aware. To add insult to injury the airbox planning software (if not included) retails for about £50 as opposed to the £200 for flymap win.

Having said that the unit itself is good, I just think that any £1000+ unit should be well featured and supported to reflect the costs. Manufacturers IMHO should be encouraging pilots to update charts when revisions come out, but this is not the case where such are cost prohibitive. We'll just have to wait and see how the aftersales turns out, until I decide fully whether I made the right call in the Airbox Foresight vs Flymap F7 debacle.