PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish airliner crashes at Schiphol
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2011, 20:05
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2767 posts later it has to be said the Dekker report is comprehensive indeed, although at times I did wonder if it was sponsored by THY such is the unstinting praise for their training.

Finally, there is a world of difference between doing everything by the book, and a nation adopting the mentality required to implement this on a daily basis.

The Training Capt does not at least appear to be portrayed as an overbearing person, a pleasant surprise given what I have seen of some of his ilk in turkish companies, but I do wonder just how comfortable the other two crew would have felt calling for a go/around.

That unfortunately is more a fault of lingering cultural issues rather than the individual sat in the left seat in this particular case, and my personal experience unfortunately is that many RHS occupants in Turkish companies would let you crash the mothah rather than challenging you.
Unbelievable, and sad indeed for the 21st century, but unfortunately true.
As many suggested from day1, a slightly too smartly orchestrated AMS rushed approach with a maxed out FO and 3 guys none of whom was really minding the stove.

One could argue harsh maybe, but at the risk of being simplistic I would suggest merely succint and to the point.