PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Time to reflect?
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2002, 20:35
tailscrape

Terrier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Time to reflect?

This is not rumour, or news. But perhaps this thread can stay here please moderators? This is just how I feel.

ALMOST ONE YEAR ON.

The TV's are starting to show the awful re-runs of last September 11.

The sight of commandeered airliners smashing into the WTC towers shown on our screens again.

The awful sight of people taking their own lives by leaping from windows, rather than face a certain death in the towers.

The shuddering collapse of the first and then the second tower. The eerie sight of the huge communications mast disappearing slowly into to smoke and dust as the second tower (north)imploded.....perhaps one of the most awful enduring memories for me.

The panic,screaming and hopelessness of bystanders. Perhaps looking on out of curiosity without realising at first the huge impact that these events would have? Perhaps they feared for their safety too then?

The selfless heroism of the emergency services. What about the undoubted heroes whom we will never know of? Their must have been countless acts of heroism and self sacrifice that day.

One year and some 3000+ families still coping with bereavement, loss and disability.

These abhorrent acts have affected all of us in different ways in the last year or so. It will be impossible to forget these events in September 2002. Let's hope we never forget what happened, and we can remember what happened to those poor people on that most perfect day for flying last September.

I hope that we all find this as disgusting now as we did then.

It must never happen again.