PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 8
Thread: Ryanair - 8
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2011, 12:23
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
daz211. Good for you; well done. Now tell those of us on the continent where we can obtain a pre-paid CC or an electron card. I tried to buy a RYR CC and you have to be UK resident. Electron cards are like hen's teeth and tits on a frog. MOL, on TV, lauded those because they are available in IRE; not over here there not. I heard a German judge rule that the CC charge was illegal unless there was a free alternative. MOL said there was an electron free option, so he'd keep the CC charge. However, electron is NOT availabale in Germany or most continental countries. 70m pax at 6euros a pop = 420m euros into RYR's back pocket, minus a minute charge from said CC companies. More than the annual profit. One MD of a CC company said it was only a few censt to 'process' a purchase. RYR, and any other company, have their own printing press. Increase the charge by 1euro (mandatory for internet purchases) and wow. I doubt it will have any effect on sales. I see even EZ have doubled their CC charge and cancelled the free debit card charge. A debit card IS free; there is no charge, butg what a subtle boost to profits. In previous years RYR, whose debit card charge was 1/2 the CC charge, did not recognise my debit card and I had to call it a CC at twice the cost. EZ recognised it correctly. RYR gave no reply to my query. I know the argument is the bottom price, but the rage is caused by the feeling of being cheated. Why can't they be honest and just say the cost of travel is XYZ and admin, CC, checkin etc etc is all included? Only baggage is extra? With RYR I'm still trying to find out what the compulsary insurance is for. It's not travel/medical? And the wheel-chair levy... don't get me started.