PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Latest Pay Deals
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2011, 11:46
Desk-pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting

As you say Reamer no pay rise in Ryan Air for 3 years and you chaps don't think you need a union??

It just proves beautifully that unions are able to protect worker interests to some degree and non-unionised companies merely exploit their workforce. You can bet your bottom dollar that Michael O'Leary hasn't had his pay frozen for the past 3 years.

I simply do not understand why on earth you don't all just sign up to become BALPA or IALPA approved. It's an anynymous ballot and once you achieve the required % you're represented.

I recently watched Michael Moore's film 'Capitalism a Love Story' - it was illuminating in many respects but what it highlighted to me is that unfettered capitalism is brilliant for the likes of Michael O'Leary/Jim French/the Board of Directors but it delivers a world of pain for everyone else. I think the past decade or two is indeed proof of this. Not surprising then that the view of the executives/the stock exchange/the bankers has been shouted loudly from every rooftop. The surprising thing is that the rest of us have fallen for it and allowed ourselves to become pawns in their game and we are the only losers. Basically we have voted for a system that benefits 1% of the population and leads to the other 99% suffering...

Lets hope that some at least are beginning to see the light.

Desk-pilot