PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SEP & north pole
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2011, 10:13
Katamarino

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Katamarino.
You appear incapable of reading what was written.
I did however suggest that this is a continuing troll by this person based on his prior 17 posts over the past 5-6 years in this forum - which you have obviously not taken the time to review.
Your comparison of a flight from sunny Florida to equally sunny California is hardly comparable and well within the capabilities of any new PPL.
As IO540 already indicated the logistics and paperwork is the far greater effort.
If you honestly think an FBO is going to rent one of their aircraft for the purpose of such a trip to somebody who has no experience of such flying is probably dilusional - or has a sufficiently large bank balance.

I'm with Big Piston Forever on this one.
SoCal...

You have based your opinion of this poster on a few, isolated posts that you have read over the years, and decided that he is a troll. I have a little more to go on than that. He is entirely serious about doing some real flying. He is already a licensed pilot, so hardly a "Walther", and has put in the effort needed to obtain a JAA IR, and ATPL theory. I've sat planning routes around Africa with him, and he has an entirely common sense understanding of some of the issues involved, as much as a 150 hour PPL without African experience could have, IMO.

I have no doubt that he'll complete his South Africa trip before too long (perhaps in a 3-ship with myself and African Eagle!), and while the North Pole trip is a hell of a challenge, you never know if you never try. We've already seen that a number of people have done it before; and it's entirely possible that there's someone out there who wants to do it in their twin, but can't find a copilot to accompany them! This forum is a goldmine of information, when you sift the wheat from the chaff, and a great place to kick off this kind of enquiry and ambition.

So, you keep plying your boring views, and people like myself, digits, and many others on the thread can keep going with the really interesting flying

AE; I'm entirely up for South Africa