PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 5th Feb 2011, 03:09
Nutjob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

VCC update is that BA are actively processing and renewing the qualifications of many VCC from groups across the airline. However, not all have been allowed or wanted to renew their SEP. To offset that, there are constantly new courses of VCC (i.e those who previously have not trained as VCC) going through Cranebank. There is zero sign of BA letting up on the contingency plans. Every single day BASSA delays strike action, the army to work against them grows.

Why are these people volunteering? Well a quick straw-poll suggested it was originally fear for their own jobs and now because they all feel they've taken their burden of pain; with redundancies, paycuts and changes to working practices. They just want to see Cabin Crew do their share (I know, MF & crew complements have done that from a financial sense) and then to stop threatening strike and driving our customers away. They see BASSA's tactics for what they are - agree to nothing , delay, delay, delay until lo and behold, "recession if over, no savings need to be made/agreed thank you very much, we told you BA would be alright". As a group, we are not endearing ourselves to fellow colleagues.

BTW, could I suggest the "P Triple C" for PCCC.

Last edited by Nutjob; 5th Feb 2011 at 03:21.