PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SEP & north pole
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2011, 23:36
digits_

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let me explain some things. It is true I have been posting questions that might seem a bit farfetched, but let me assure I've been exploring these possiblities for a while, and they are still on my list of things to do.

The first time I asked about Africa trip was many years ago, when I first had my PPL. The information here gave me better information and made me decide it was perhaps a bit too early. 3 years and a little experience later, I asked the same question again. This time, with some pprune people, I got a travel plan and a rough indication of the costs. We found some lead on an airplane, but due to personal reasons, the copilot and passenger had to cancel. Since I can not pay for South-Africa on my own, I am looking into other original and a little adventurous destinations which are financially within my reach.

To give you some more background information: it took me 4 years to find someone who was willing to fly with me from Belgium to Romania. In those years there were 6 people who "seriously wanted to fly there" and cancelled at the last minute. I do not want to go through that again and waste a few years until someone finally wants to fly to Africa with me. Hence the backup option of something else I really want to do. So basically, if somebody wants to join me on the trip to Africa, that one will have priority, but in the mean time, I didn't see any harm in looking for alternatives.

And yes I am a dreamer, but without that, I wouldn't be flying in the first place. I completely agree all these things might have tons of issues that are not visible at first glance, hence the quest for information, of which pprune is a valuable part.