PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 8
Thread: MANCHESTER - 8
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2011, 17:10
Suzeman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bagso

Going back several pages, I agree that we will have to differ on MAG's approach to making their business public.

But just to reassure you that something is going on, I am told that there was an article in a recent Plane Talk noting that t'management had been to see Theresa Villiers (Ministress of Planes) a few times to discuss matters of interest. It also said how impressed she was with Manchester, but little else.

And here is a link to an article in the MEN at the weekend about APD

Airport lobbies against departure tax increase - Manchester Evening News

As for FR, I'm sure the Airport considered the impact on other airlines before doing the deal. They certainly did in the early days of lo-cos and didn't embrace them - which became the subject of a lot of criticsm here and elsewhere. If EZY had been thinking of MAD, I would have hoped that they shared their aspirations with the Airport first. But at the end of the day the Airport have a business to run and you can't please everyone all the time. And of course it sustains debate by all of us armchair experts who don't know the full picture

Personally I believe MO'Ls talk of a base at MAN is all hot air but it makes good headlines of course. Just look at how volatile the airline is, developing bases and then moving out in a relatively short period. Don't think MAN would want that; better to develop sustainable routes and services and look after all the customer airlines as best you can.

With FR on T2, I assume the inbound DUB pax will have to use the corridor used originally when they were in T2 to avoid the Border Control passport control?

Will the other flights use the main terminal stands with pax walking up and down the stairs (only one airbridge so destroys the quick turnaround times), or will the pax be bussed from/to remote stands? I assume a combination of both depending on what else is around?

Suzeman