PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How did you start your career?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2011, 15:56
AFStarliner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not going to start a new topic for my own question, as mine are quite the same as Darcom's (who has unfortunately not answered back since) :

I would like to know if you know any possibility to work as a maintenance planning engineer, or in quality control maybe, without owning a B1/C license?

I'm sorry this will be a kind of "my life" post, but I would really appreciate some advices. Ok, let's start:
I'm a student in aircraft maintenance bachelor's degree, that's a university technology diploma (U. of Toulouse/courses provided by professionals from Airbus, Air France,...).
Basically, the program is based on PART66 C modules (although this is not a PART147 training center).
We have courses on technical data (Airnav, TSM, MPD, etc), aviation legislation and maintenance software (AMASIS).

Some of you are certainly wondering what is the purpose of such a training, if you want to work in aviation without proper qualification (license) !
Actually, most of my classmates will work for Airbus or their subcontractors, only a very few in MROs or maybe airlines.
...I wish I'll be part of these few.

Looking at vacancies on MRO and airlines around the world, there is always that "3-5 years experience at a same position (somewhere else, preferably a top international company! )".
So I'm wondering... where could I get this experience from? Where do newbies start? Did I really miss the entry level and should forget about working in any airline, this because I have no license and skydrol experience to start with?

I'm ready to get that answer: Yes, you failed, go back and spend your money on B1 training.
But I would also be really attentive to your advices.

Thank you a lot for reading me and for your answers.

Cheers.