PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Parc Aviation's crappy pay for TNT's new B 777 freighter dogs
Old 3rd Feb 2011, 09:41
Cyberbird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it goes from really bad to worse ... taxwise ...

As i was interested in flying 777 in europe for a change, i investigated a bit further - and guess waht:

ALL expat - and their respective (PARC-)contracts - are eligable for belgium taxes - as TNT is a belgium airline, as the IRS staff told me on the phone!

... taken from the belgium IRS-site ...

"Expatriates and Belgian citizens alike suffer from one of the highest taxation rates in the EU. In November 2009, the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development confirmed once again that Belgium has one of the highest tax burdens in Europe. It amounts to – including social security – 57.3% for a single earner. This compares to an average 44.5% in Europe. An expatriate working in Belgium will typically be liable to Belgian income tax. Additionally, property tax, gift and succession duty may be relevant. In most circumstances there are no capital gains taxes or wealth tax for individuals in Belgium, thus pushing the burden firmly onto the employee"

Whooooowwww - that means, that you will be given a monthly paycheck of LESS than 3000 € per month - for flying a wide-body freighter throughout the nights towards Far East destinations, with their extended dutytimes and no nice CA there, to cheer You up with a hot coffee or chat in the middle of the night over the himalaya mountains ...
and then - on top of it !- You have to pay Your own accomodation in belgium/ Liege plus the transportation to and from work, plus alle shuttle TIX home each month - which sets You off just another grand - minimum;

that means, that You will have definitively LESS than 2000 € left in your pocket - after all the deductions like taxes and housing/ travel whatsoever as PARC AIR burdens all these additional expenses onto the poor contractee's shoulders - that UNREASONABLE poor T&C's - any busdriver in London makes more than that - and is unionized! that's way beyond believe !!
And - as mentioned above - the INTAWAY contract for the B 777 is even worse !!

Last edited by Cyberbird; 3rd Feb 2011 at 10:08.