PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Prior Permission Required
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2011, 08:19
Fuji Abound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Then don't go to those minority of airfields who want pre take-off PPR.
Pre take-off PPR - well that is a new one for me - do you mean requesting engine start? I thought we were discussing fields that require some form of PPR before arrival - do we have to seek permission to go as well?

You would be surprised who technically ask for PPR - Duxford is of course well known and over the years has been strictly enforced - well the field at Duxford I believe is owned by the County Council - in other words you and I, the taxpayer.

As I said earlier, if the field is privately owned well of course the owners can do what they like but it is pretty stupid to impose unnecessary requirements on customers. As IO says in any other walk of life it is a sure way to end up with no customers! However I think we are all becoming a pretty compliant race so I suppose if the owners insisted we only turn up if we are wearing pink underpants we would!

Now to be clear if I am going somewhere in particular I always look them up in the flight guide and if they request PPR I always (or nearly always) 'phone first. Obviously I dont want to arrive and find they are clsoed for example. My argument is simply against those places that will not accept airborne PPR for no obvious or sound reason.