PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 1st Feb 2011, 21:56
IvorBiggun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having conversed with one of the mods over what is acceptable and not re BASSA/BALPA the following post that was removed is now approved.

Having spoken at length to my good friend high up in BALPA I would like to clarify a few "facts" for the BASSA-ites so obsessed with this site

1. BA are not recruiting cruise pilots on £17k a year. All new entrant pilots are for First Officer positions on the 737,767 and A320 on existing terms and conditions.

2. Jim McAuslan is not and will not be resigning. Barber's comments were politically motivated and they actually get on very well. Barber's statement was agreed with Jim the day before

3. BALPA really couldn't care less if they are in the TUC or not. In fact not being in will save them a packet.

4. If BALPA leave the TUC they will not cease to be a union (the stupidity is breathtaking).

5. Members are not leaving BALPA in droves. The BA section has lost about 5 members over this dispute, but recently gained about 12 so actually they are better off than a year ago.

6. BALPA has not signed a "no strike clause". Merely the delivery of shares as part of the BP deal is dependent on not only profit margins but harmonious industrial relations.

7. EU FTL's have not sneaked up like a "pantomime villian". BALPA, the ECA and many other Eurpoean Members of the ECA have been working and lobbying for years and this is merely the next phase.

8. Neither flight nor cabin crew will be necessarily able to rely on their industrial agreements to protect from inceased FTL's. If BALPA lose, so cabin crew hours will be changed. And its not just hours, things like min time in hotel down to 71/2 hours. If BASSA had any integrity they would be keeping you informed of this.

9. The holiday pay claim, if successful by BALPA, will benefit cabin crew more but Unite have not contributed one penny to the cost of the action.

10. BALPA are not ostracised (sp) by other pilot unions. BALPA are the largest member of the ECA (Eurpoean Cockpit Association)and well respected. The BA section of BALPA is the second largest in the OCCC (one world coalition and has a director of this group) and has great relations with the Americans (APA), Spanish (SEPLA) and all the others. BALPA is also a major player in IFALPA. In fact my source tells me relations with the Americans and Spanish pilots are at an all time high.

Would any of the obssessed ones care to reproduce this?

Dunc?

No? Thought not.