PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 1st Feb 2011, 21:05
MFCREW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote:
From a previous position that I held for 20 months - unless you have proof of your statement above - you have left yourself wide open to litigation.
I'm sure they're terrified! DH would have to sue in a civil court for libel and prove the claim is false. Even if he did, what possible damages could he claim?

Quote:
As mentioned in previous postings - I have never worked in such a dreadful atmosphere where the Flight Crew are full of such hatred - this cannot be good for either side.
You really do attach too much credibility to your dispute. The only hatred around is that of the extreme militants towards their favourite bogeymen. Most flight crew, non-strikers and striking cabin crew are getting on with the job in a perfectly civilised fashion. Only the self-segregating BASSAmentalists believe that they have created an unbridgeable divide. One only has to look at the BASSA forum annd see how much time they spend talking about BALPA and pilots to see that they have long since lost touch with the realities of the dispute and instead have been revelling in their own deep-rooted prejudices. It's all irrelevant now anyway. The leak machine is in full swing and everybody knows there's bad news in the pipeline for BASSA. The dispute is lost, the more informed members know it and for those for whom the humiliation is too great, the great wide world of employment beyond BA awaits. Tomorrow may finally bring the day that BA can call VB day - 'Victory over BASSA'.
As I said in my post - what a nasty group of co-workers I have found myself working with especially many who post on here.