PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 1st Feb 2011, 18:45
Mesmer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just thought I'd add my tuppence-worth...

As I understand it "hypocrisy" is saying one thing and doing another, or pretending to be one thing when you are another. Representing a group of whom you are not a member does not fit this definition unless you claim to be a member of the group. As already pointed out, many people represent people even though they are not one of them. Len McClusky is not Cabin Crew, but he represents about 10,000 of them apparently. Neither is DH, but he is well supported as a representative of BASSA members. This does not make them hypocrites; neither would the PCCC be if they reresented Mixed Fleet.

The PCCC, as far as I can make out (and I am registered as a member) is not what I would call a "union". It is a bunch of people with similar interests, many of whom would like to build the membership up so that one day it can become a union. No one can blame the founders for not "going public" as we all know the vitriol which will be aimed against them by the more militant members of BASSA - vitriol which could make their lives much more difficult. I am sure they one day hope to become a union and I am sure they are aware that they will have to publish who they are well before that happens; but for now, whilst they do not need to ask for subscriptions, why not let them work anonymously if they so wish? After all, the PCCC is currently simply a group of like-minded people with a website and a forum.

M