PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Cadetship??
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2011, 13:01
peugeotboi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've put an application through to apply for the Jetstar Ab-initio Cadetship via CTC and i''ve just got an email saying that i've progressed to stage 2.

I can understand where all of you are coming from. To be honest it's not about the money but it's BLOODY embarrassing that you have to pay $295nz, just so you can be there and be tested...i mean that's abit embarrasing on the company, I can understand you have to pay for the security clearance and ASIC bits and pieces...but MY GOD!!!! so i can understand where most of you are all coming from.

Also i'd like to point out after selection process and completing the 65 week training at CTC...This is what has been posted on the website under 'CTC FAQ''....

"Am I guaranteed a job?

These new programs with Jetstar provide a fantastic opportunity to enter the airline profession (LOL) and whilst Jetstar is committed to providing a career opportunity to as many applicants as possible the numbers are quite naturally limited.(So then why offer cadetships if you can't guarantee F/O positions) At the outset of the program it must be remembered that no cadet training program guarantees a job, since the individual trainee has to achieve the competency requirements of both CTC and Jetstar during the training. However, subject to that and there being no change to Jetstar’s recruitment plans, you will be offered a job with the airline on successful completion of the program"

I can understand where all of you are coming from.

Now...surely their has to be positives out of this whole cadetship!

That's why i'm asking for ANYONE that has done this cadetship what they think of it, Is it worth doing? and where do you sit now? are you flying the A320?