PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 1st Feb 2011, 12:30
hula

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CCCP,

This is what Bill said in his recent webchat about the redeployment agreement.

Hi ,

I want to be really clear, that contrary to what you may have heard from other sources, we have NOT terminated the redeployment agreement.

We have talked in the past to all Trade Unions across BA about working towards a modern approach to an agreement that is almost 40 years old, while continuing to try to avoid compulsory redundancies.

In IFCE we have adopted an entirely voluntary approach to any leavers through increasing part time offers and voluntary redundancy. This remains our approach.

There are currently no talks underway re updating the redeployment agreement

Thanks
Bill

You are right in saying that this is something that will be revised in the future, None of us have a crystal ball. Not even you. So why not deal with these things when and if they happen instead of focusing on the what if's? Discussions about the Redeployment Agreement are company wide. We need a representative body to engage, challenge and influence BA along with the rest of the TUs involved. Not a body who relinquish themselves from the facilities agreements and support 'no negotiation'.

As for Union-busting? Shifting the power back to BA to enable it to manage the company... YES. Union-busting.. NO! More like a stripping of power. 13,500 crew still need to be represented.

I have also scoured each word of Bills proposal for the word Redeployment and anything that might be associated to it and cannot find a mention of it at all. Can you direct me to where you have seen it?

What do you think will be the outcome for yourselves CCCP?

Do you think that you will be able to squeeze more out of BA than the current offer?

What happens if the current offer gets withdrawn and all the high earning routes move to MF?

Do you think the majority of BASSA will ever be happy?