PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 1st Feb 2011, 11:57
MrBunker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow,

Really CCCP is that all you've got? It's called a council so it's not a union? Would that not make BASSA as an association something simillar. After all, they use the same nomenclature as BALPA - that's an association too. But, hang on, they're both operating as representative unions. What's in a name in this instance? Nothing and, thus, I'd argue your point carries no weight other than the usual vapid lunging that characterises so much of the BASSA message.

Only by the application of your own particular brand of logic could that then be seen as definitively proving the PCCC to be a sham. You posit an argument devoid of logical construction or fact. Not, sadly for BASSA, unusual. Your tenet seems to be that because you want the PCCC to be a management funded puppet/sweetheart union, then that is all that is needed to make it so. If, by the additional grasping of unrelated straws, you can add fuel to that rhetorical furnace, then, apparently, so much the better. I've lost count of how often I've said on here that if those who support the union (or association, if you will) came on here with fact and considered, reasoned debate, then you'd all be welcomed and (bar the few who seem to hate CC - and there are some sadly who post on here) the debate could grow. You never know, you might even win some people over. But we don't get that do we? We get the hysterical prognostications of who's next in line if we don't smell the coffee/get heads out of the sand etc. It's all bordering on insults and that, instantaneously, loses so much of the potential respect.

MrB