PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Prior Permission Required
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2011, 11:06
Fuji Abound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SkyHawk

I dont object to PPR at all, what I do object to is those that absolutely require PPR by 'phone before setting off.

I have no issue with a field stating if PPR is not requested by telephone there is no guarantee that a landing will be granted - that would be reasonable and clear.

I gave my example because I think it illustrates how silly it is to refuse PPR over the radio simply because the rules say so. That would be and has always been my only grumble.

I appreciate the field might have certain procedures in operation on certain days and an inflight briefing would not make sense. However, the question only needs to be asked have you been before are you familiar with out xyz procedures. If the answer is yes, accept the request, if it is no by all means send the aircraft on its way.

At least grant that most pilots have a modicum of common sense and lets not be weighed down but yet another unnecessary "rule".

Headcorn is a wonderful example of how things can work. There is more often that not lots going on, enough that I guess some places would turn every visitor away unless they had been thoroughly briefed. At Headcorn they dont and it works wonderfully well.