PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 31st Jan 2011, 12:06
CCCP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wibbly. The type of cars some crew may drive or have parked at Bedfont is a superfluous observation, that only gives someone like myself who has studied psychology, an insight into your personality.

The other day I saw a Captain driving a beat up old Renault Laguna with the exhaust rear box blowing. I could surmise from that he is probably on his third marriage and canot afford anything better. However if BA pilots were in dispute with the company, I would not read anything specific about his choice of vehicle or his ability to run only an old banger as most of his salary is going out in alimony.

BA's financial position in 2009 and its future prospects were exagerrated and talked down respectively, in order for Walsh to push his agenda of pay cuts, using the downturn as an excuse. BASSA's position was that the recession was temporary, as it has proved to be.

The only people with egg on their faces, are the ones that believed Walsh's warped rhetoric.