PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Prior Permission Required
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2011, 09:40
NigelOnDraft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PPR actually covers a multitude of sins... you didn't see/check/missed the NOTAM re the Air Display - they've got no fuel today - they're closed today because someone is sick etc.

I try to PPR except for airfields I know well. After all, the land is usually private property of some form or other, and it is only a common courtesy.

As above, if people "encourage" others that PPR when requested should be disregarded, some will not know here to draw the line e.g. private strips.

so they don't exceed it - or rather you don't accidentally exceed it for them. If I had a strip operating like that I would not publish it in any directory for the 10 years it needs to run. I would just invite mates of mine to drop in so I can build up the movements log, for the subsequent approval.
Just to be clear:
  1. To get the "approval" via CLU will require you to exceed the 28day "limit" for each of the 10 (consecutive) years
  2. I am not 100% sure you then "need" a subsequent approval - that requires notifying the authorities with all sorts of implications including rates
  3. If you do then go for PP the "restrictions" will probably be more onerous than before you ever told anybody
NoD