PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are they doing this on purpose?
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2011, 05:26
SgtBundy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not sure - don't put to malice what you can put to incompetence.

I had a similar issue with a car lease when I switched jobs (not aviation related). The lease company organised the finance and did the paperwork, and in the duration of the lease I moved. The lease company got the details from my employer automatically, updated their info and everything happened as normal. When I switched companies the lease terminated and the finance became my responsibility directly. A month later I got a call informing me my car was going to be repossessed and would I like to catch up on two payments. Seems the lease company never changed my address on the finance and I did not get their paperwork and late notices. The date the lease terminated was one day before the normal finance payment, so I was unknowingly two payments in the whole instead of the one I knew I was, which triggered their debt recovery actions.

I would not be surprised if it was a similar setup - the bond is held with some old details and no-one was proactive enough to ensure they were correct before beginning action.