PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are they doing this on purpose?
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2011, 03:38
apache

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are they doing this on purpose?

I have heard recently of a SECOND pilot who left a certain operator whilst still bonded, and agreed to pay his bond. The operator then cuts off all lines of communication with the ex pilot, never reply to emails , won't take your phone call or even reply when you have left several messages.
The pilots then pay back MOST of their bond.... in a payment schedule process. The pilot, as I have said before HAS agreed to pay the full amount of the bond owing, and is in the process of doing so.
In the meantime, the company has started debt recovery procedures against the pilot, and does not inform the pilot of this. The company gives the debt collection agency wrong details (twice now!!!) and the first thing the pilot knows of it all is when the debt recovery agency hits them with an extra $3000 or so of fees, because the pilot failed to show up to court and/or respond to the debt collection agencies letters.
In BOTH cases, the company sent legal stuff to addresses which were old before the pilot even left the company. in BOTH cases, the pilot HAD updated his contact details with the company when he was still there,and BOTH pilots had received other correspondence from the company at the correct details when they worked for the company.

it is just ANOTHER pain in the neck that pilots who are paying their bonds back have to deal with. and it would seem that the company are doing this on PURPOSE to make a point.

I would say to ANY pilot who leaves a company where they are bonded.... KEEP A RECORD OF ALL CORRESPONDENCE! even if it is phone call, a christmas card(hahaha) or a legal letter. keep the envelopes too!!!!!