PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue A330 Jobs
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2011, 20:02
fmcinop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The fix is easy.

We need to rid ourselves of the us and them mentality. I know this is ripe in VB againsg those in VA and PB, but can assure you it is just as strong in VA. We were certainly told in no uncertain terms that 7000 hours on 737 command was not worth the paper it was written on. The 777 is apparently only one step back from the space shuttle??. Yes I did get a direct entry command, but this was ot just based on seniority, it was also based on experience and that is where some, not all crz f/o's fall short.

Seniority and a mass shift in attitude would certainly go a long way. PD has done more to ensure smooth transition between companies than just about anyone else. There is a steady stream on crz f/o's going to VB this year and that's great.

As far as commands based on start date, that is how it has been for a long time but remember it's also based on other things like experience, hours, sim records, line check reports. Even if crz f/o's did keep seniority and I think they should most would not meet the requirements for command anyway, although there are a number of highly experienced crz f/o's who would.

I have never thought about it but did I keep my seniority coming over to VA? While yes I do have a 777 command, seniority does come into play for other things like ad hoc leave etc.