PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 8
Thread: MANCHESTER - 8
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2011, 16:47
Bagso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Going Loco

I'd really stick to trains Mr Loco , unless that is you have been on the sherry which may explain your random responses !

I simply thought it was very odd for MAG to go after an airline that it fell out with, a little over 12 months ago, I was merely looking for some observations as to what other readers think..... your responses however are a complete work of fiction !

But why does it need a massive amount of aircraft?
Well you may think otherwise, but I tend to hold the traditional view that the CEO of an airport will by and large try and encourage more aircraft in /out of an airport and by extention increase profit, I tend to agree with that commonly held principle, although I must confess I have never read "Accountancy For Dummies"
............................BUT it might be worth your while picking up a copy !

You always fail to provide a business view of these ideas

..er well that's a new one on me, I wasnt aware I had even mentioned this topic before nor as far as I am aware generated any "related business ideas" on the forum but thanks for the kudos anyway !

obsessed by judging the airport in terms of passenger numbers regardless of the impact on other carriers at MAN, e.g. Jet2 and other airports in the North to whom you seem to have nothing but contempt.
Why do some people who read these postings sometimes have a complete and total inability to comprehend what has been posted.

Do keep up its so frustrating.

At no point did I actually suggest it was good thing or a bad thing, I simply pointed out that it was somewhat unusual that MAG should court an airline that it rejected a little over 12 months ago, especially if nothing more was on offer than a sprinking of routes already served in the main by Manchesters current loyal customers. I actually thought it was somewhat ironic and was curious as to why they would do this and interested to canvass opinion from other posters ?

.... quite where I mentioned my contempt for other airports is beyond me unless providing a factual geographical position report of where these cities/airports are located in relation to Manchester counts as such !

Manchester is indeed at the epicentre of the North Of England with excellent car and train connections to all major cities and towns, if I was the CEO at MAG I would be selling that concept to RYR !

If that makes me contemptuous so be it !

I thought the airport is owned by local govt in Gtr Man so its job is to serve the demand generated by the people who own it - anything above that is a bonus

Again no idea what your point is ?

Can we stick to responding to the arguments laid out originally rather than spin off trying to second guess my own opinion !