PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airtanker
Thread: Airtanker
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2011, 11:17
uncle peter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not one 330 rated friend (Capt and FO) will consider the job. Admittedly, several are ex-RAF and have stated they have no desire to return to work alongside those in a dying service. The remuneration package would have to be significantly better than current packages in order for most to even consider the move.

The time to command on other fleets may provoke interest in some, but obviously only for a short term stint in which hours building would be key. From what I understand the opportunities for quick hours building will be negligible.

As for the source of service pilots I understand they are only going to draw around 25% from the current AAR fleets. Those remaining in from those fleets who don't have a coveted 330 slot will have serious decisions to make come 2013. Those on "sabbaticals" will probably have the priority for slots on frames which require people. In a ground tour you may go down to 50% or no flying pay by the end of it or PVR with no flying pay. As is probably the requirement at the moment, they are forcing people to take their options. I predict a healthy FRI by 2014.