PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 29th Jan 2011, 15:22
BERTIEBIRDY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FTSU..
They have NEVER declined to be listed at all! £150 is for the certificate/schedule and thats about it! - Regardless of your attempt at discrediting a group of Cabin Crew who have clearly had enough of BASSA - they have been deemed to be a Trade Union.

I would imagine that for a group of cabin crew who HAVE NOT RECEIVED A PENNY FROM ANY OTHER SOURCE, it would require them to stoke up any fees for further certifcation officer requirements, such as the £4000 needed - this only adds credence to the genuine claim that its set up by Cabin Crew for Cabin Crew WITHOUT any external financial help.

They are required to follow all the provisions laid out in the Trade Union and Labour Relations (Consolidation) Act 1992- which includes the requirement for proper accounting records to be kept and that an annual return will need to be made.

I am disgusted to read from Mr Holleys latest missive, that BASSA claims that PCCC have been "sponsored" onto the list of Trade Unions - When I questioned the certification office, only yesterday after reading the latest in BASSA's News posting, I was told catagorically that it is impossible to be sponsored by a third party onto the list! There is no procedure or indeed allowance for BASSA's claim about the PCCC.

Still - all that said and done - we now have a new Trade Union - I am asking myself why BASSA are delaying the announcement of Strike dates and are seeking advice from their Queens Counsel? - Perhaps the Ballot is not valid, legal or lacks justification for further pointless industrial action?.. I wait with baited breath!