PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Trident autothrust system and autoland
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2011, 12:01
petermcleland

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by slast
Peter McLeland,

I just bought MS Flight SimulatorX as a result of seeing your pictures etc, never having had any desire to do simulator work at home previously!

I downloaded the files but the Tridents don't seem to be available, and I'm wondering if that's because Dave Maultby's website refers to FS4 and 9, not X. The file structure for FSX doesn't seem to be quite the same as is described, e.g. there's no "Aircraft" folder but rather a "sim objects/airplanes" one, and I wonder whether that is what is wrong - any thoughts?
Steve
Well I got rid of FSX years ago as I didn't like it...I use FS9(FS2004). I'm familiar with the structure of FSX though as I was one of the beta testers for it. I know that many of DM's aircraft do work in FSX from other people so I will go and ask your question. I'll get back with any info.

EDIT...Hi Steve,

I asked the question and got this reply:-

"Hi Peter,

The latest version of DM's Trident packages come with a readme file that covers the slight changes that need to be made to the file structure and effects. There are also some replacement files included with the panel package to allow their use in FSX.

The versions I'm referring to are the packages ending in _20081209.zip."

Let me know if you have any difficulty obtaining those files

Last edited by petermcleland; 29th Jan 2011 at 12:34.