PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue A330 Jobs
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2011, 05:16
Humber10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
from skim reading this thread, guys at VB are worried about external type rated pilots being hired on to the a330.

what some dont seem to understand is the business model of the company that they work for. This is the business model at VB and always has been,where crew have already held a type rating or paid for their training. As i understand things, you guys still pay for your jobs? If you dont like that business model, then dont work for such companies.

I am totally against buying a job, with type ratings etc and so have never gone down this road, as all it does is totally degrade T&Cs. this erosion of T&Cs has been easy to see in Australia and nz over the last few years since virgin entered the market in Australia. If people would just stop buying their jobs, then this crap would stop, but people seem hell bent in buying their jobs, when there is no need to.

Im sorry if this seems harsh, but dont complain if you wanted to buy a job to fly a jet and then complain when the company expands and needs more crew. I understand that it is a heavier aircraft, more pay etc, but that is not the business model of your company to pay for your training. If folk stop paying for their training, then you will be able to make a change. Has your union considered a employment ban, until you get seniority and training paid for?