PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue A330 Jobs
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2011, 22:28
Mr. Hat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dragun, I don't understand why they've flexed the rule for this occasion. Personally I was surprised to not see people from CX and JQ with 330 experience come into the 330 as FO's. Might be a case that they didn't want people with significant experience trying to tell the guy in the LHS how to do the job which makes sense from a gradient perspective.

My post was more related to trying to restrict people on type indefinitely by posing harsh financial penalties on them. This in my opinion would cause poor morale. IMHO people should be allowed to move to different types to broaden their experience base and allow them to suit their life stages. Understand the costs and agree with limiting them but not at the cost of professional growth. Cost savings can be achieved in many ways and education/safety/maintenance are no go zones for me.

I guess I get my back up at the relentless attempts in our industry to claw dollars off our skillset. I think we've given enough. Particularly when i see money wasted needlessly everyday in other areas. Pilot group seems to be an easy target always.

Congrats and good luck to those flying "le bus". Its a beautiful machine.