PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air career progression
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2011, 13:44
Landflap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ironbutts

"Comenhere" ? Sorry, don't speak German, but let me get it straight; Unless we agree with you, have the same opinions as you, reside in the Mid East, work for GF, we have no right to "comenhere" ! Sorry, but PPrune is an open forum & free speach really does work. Offering the Embraer DEC varied opinions gives him greater oppportunity to make a balanced judgement. Aaaah, but the bully boys like you would not have that eh IB ? Before the moderator pulls the plug on this because it is still drifting from thread to an open bar brawl, allow me one last freedom of reply; I was recruited to fly DEC 767. The very next day I was told that due to a change in policy, DEC's on the 767 would no longer be possible & I was offered a RHS with the suggestion that RHS to LHS would be very rapid. The Head of the Selection Board laughed as he told me that this was "typical GF" !

I had four employment offers on the table and chose GF as the best option.I loved it. But, when I was bypassed and not included in the list of very rapid, RHS to LHS, I was told that at least three years had to be served in the RHS before going R to L. That was NOT explained at the interview. Indeed, I dug out a tiny clause in whatever Ops Manual it was at the time, that the rule would not apply to those with previous extensive Command experience. Of course, the "Loss of Face" card was then exposed & was told not too make too many waves. So, I left, having secured the choice of three DEC's elsewhere.

No IB, I do not regret it and I loved my short time there. I visit many Pprune pages & enjoy free speech, free opinions, lively debate & a chance to offer experienced comment to others considering going where I have been. I value the opinions of others when considering other aspects of my career. Thanks to Pprune, a pretty good way of doing it.

So, sorry. I certainly will "comenhere" & be very vocal if it will help give a ballanced view. One guy, on the 'Gf developments' page is asking, clearly, if there is ANYONE happy in GF ?..............I gave him three posters. Take your blinkers off, IB, step out of the bubble & pop into the road show. You will see more than three who are NOT happy. Are you going to bully your way around & try to silence them too ?? I hope not. Better tact is to simply place forward your view and others will listen.

Thanks moderator. Tried to keep this thread in focus. I'm off to cause absolute mayhem on the medical site because no-one will tell me what to do about my manboobs !