PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 28th Jan 2011, 06:39
Chigley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Herc708:

Not sure which airline you work for if indeed you do, but the second round of strikes last year (15 days) were in June, which at BA is within our summer schedule. During this time there were far fewer wet lease aircraft than the previous round in March and it was clear BA didn't really require those as they were turning away VCC and not using short haul crew. I guess they had committed to leasing them though.

I would be surprised if they even bothered to use other airlines this time due to the unexpected high volume of crew that turned up for work. Combine that with the poor ballot result in favour of further action - just 43% of the total crew community plus the thousands of VCC's trained and hundreds of MF crew and I think you'll find BA's contingency plans won't include any wet lease agreements? I could be wrong of course, but it looks unlikely?

So, it would seem that winter or summer further IA action would be equally pointless and ineffective albeit for some minor disruption to our SH operation.

Last edited by Chigley; 28th Jan 2011 at 07:03.