PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 8
Thread: MANCHESTER - 8
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2011, 23:09
Trash_Hauler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Following the liquid ban in 2006, Manchester Airport invited catering companies to tender for a permanent presence on the airfield to try and address the issues that airside workers had getting food and liquid through security. Willow Catering won the contract and have been on the Tower Road for over two years. Sadly they have now decided that their presence at the airport is no longer commercially viable and they will be removing their catering van this week.
Perhaps if they were not so expensive, and were open at a time when airside staff could actually USE the service, they would still be here. Not trying to be funny, but they didn't pitch up til about 0900 and shut up shop at around 1500. I remember the old staff-caf in T1 was open very early (around 0400 as I recall), and stayed open until a reasonable hour. Point being, if you were an early shift worker, you could fill your belly before your shift, or if you were on a late, you could actually eat your tea at... TEA time!

Why would I want to go to these lot, pay over the odds for crap food and drink, when I can bring my own food in, or go to Greggs and stop at Boots and get a drink (or drinks) at high street prices?

I reckon Willow catering was looking for a reason to pull the plug. All the staff travelled in from Liverpool as well as the stock. Could not have been making any money!