PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 27th Jan 2011, 10:11
Lib Dem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Stormin Norman

I don't understand why you would not want to see anyone getting paid for working so hard. Especially as it has all been done gratis up until now.

Fair enough, why pay to a political fund when Unite recommended Mr Milliband as the new Leader of the Labour Party only for him to reject McLuskey's latest rants as antiquated. Wasted a few million there, didn't they ?

As for paying Reps; a different matter. They are entitled to be renumerated for lost wages and lost payments/allowances as a replacement for not getting an income from BA whilst on TU duties.

In the last propoganda sheet I received from Bassa in October 2009, the LHR WW Commitee comprised of 15 lay Reps as well as two Convenors and a Treasurer. Add to this the Bassa Secretary and Chairman PLUS 8 EF Reps and 3 EF Co-ordintors PLUS 4 at LGW (no members there last time we looked) and the H&S Rep = 37 Reps.

Can you imagine the wage bills when they showed up at these Branch Meetings, Strike Days, Unite Meetings on top of everyday meetings with BA and Membership enquiries. Don't have a clue what that adds up to but I reckon they can't afford it now that Mr Holley has ordered 1500+ members to leave on top of the 3000+ already gone.

PCCC have yet to take any subs or pay any Reps but when they do, and I hope it is all set up and running very soon, I will be more than happy to pay a subscription. I am more than hapy for Reps to get paid and I am confident that, without Political funds and Unite's cut, it will be a smaller amount than £17 per month.

It's not about getting something for nothing; it is about obtaining value for money and receiving a quality service. Something that has been sadly lacking for so so long.

Hotel Trash, love the username,

Now that Bassa have portrayed themselves as even worse than useless and ineffective, the only plausible way forward is for PCCC to recruit the required numbers and start working ALONGSIDE and not in total conflict, with their Employer.
Bassa didn't even get on Sky News this time around; yesterday's news - today's chip wrapper.

Last edited by Lib Dem; 27th Jan 2011 at 10:16. Reason: added response to Hotel Trash