PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions III
Old 27th Jan 2011, 09:43
PaddyMiguel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Litebulbs
Would I leave Unite to join an association like the PCCC? Not a chance. The funding and support that Unite offer me and the people I work with, will not be matched by a free association
The BASSA Branch Secretary has been widely blamed for this dispute. He has been painted as some sort of messianic demi-god whose rhetoric and oratory skills have lead his adoring, unthinking followers to the abyss. However, those who know him will agree that if his IQ was as big as his ego he would have outsmarted BA and negotiated a tremendous deal for crew whilst producing the cost savings required. His incoherent newsletters are hardly inspirational or revolutionary and those who have heard him address an audience realise he is no Churchill. The PCCC are being hailed as the new broom that will sweep BASSA away.
What will remain however, are the 5751 crew who voted ‘Yes’.
I flew to South America over the festive season and was looked after by a truly excellent steward. He was warm and friendly, personable, efficient, humorous and charming, not just to my wife and I but to the rest of the passengers in the cabin. He told me quite candidly that he had voted for the strikes and would vote ‘Yes’ again. However, he would not go on strike as he couldn’t afford to lose his ST as he commuted from France. Nonetheless, he spent his days off on the picket line to show solidarity with his colleagues. His arguments for strike action are eerily similar to ‘Crewfriend’ who posts on the other thread.

Good solid BASSA comrades by the sound of it. We will once again stand shoulder to shoulder on the picket lines and at the glorious days at Bedfont.
Unless you were there to share the camaraderie you will not understand.
The sooner BA realise that they have to consult BASSA over such things the better for everyone.
BA cannot survive without BASSA and we will prevail.
I am proud to say I was diverted last week and I insisted (and got) my two local nights as per our agreement. The passengers just had to suffer it but that's not my fault it's theirs for not asking BASSA for the DA and abusing it last time.
The Workers will prevail and I repeat that will be good for everyone even disgraceful embittered VCC flightdeck.
I appreciate different jobs demand different salaries but share in profits should be equal for every employee from the CEO to the lowest paid.
Unite did make a mistake by saying we would get the offer. BASSA stepped in and rightly stopped it as it was insulting.
I have my doubts over Unite but not BASSA.
BASSA only tells its members the truth.
When the persecutors have been defeated we will all be better off as workers. We should all unite as one and move forward together, taking the lead from BASSA.
I only know what BASSA tell me and I believe that 100%.
A strong result will see 10000 wonderful people withdrawing their labour, and maybe even more.
The new CEO will be forced to back down and we will have our 4 points and the hat wearing fleet will be no more.
But what we’ve seen is a systematic attack on our Union by Union Busters and the victimisation of innocent comrades. Sacked for having a coffee? What would you lot do if that was one of yours? We have no choice but to continue fighting and mark my words we will, even though it hurts us to do so.
All we want is the 4 points and New Fleet disbanded. We will even accept the imposition of one down.
Is that such a big ask?
Not just in BA but all over Europe the workers are rising.
Many of you are in for a shock. BASSA will deliver a strong ballot and strike and bring BA to its knees again.
Stand by and watch our friends sacked and suspended for trivial matters?
Watch New Fleet take over our jobs?
Have our staff travel removed for taking legal and justified action?
Our time is near. BA are running out of it.
He told me he never reads anything from BA, considers he does not have a manager, regards ‘the office’ as somewhere you have to go when you are in trouble and spends as little time in CRC as possible. He comes to work, does a good job and flies home immediately afterwards. How do you manage an employee like that when he’s 7 miles above the earth and you’re in your office at Waterside? He is not part of an absentee workforce; it's his management that's absent. There are many inspirational, charismatic, competent CSDs who would regard this guy as a model crew member.

What will the PCCC have to do to tempt him and his 'good solid comrades' away from BASSA?