PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions III
Old 27th Jan 2011, 09:33
call100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LB
I agree there is more to a TU than a current dispute and making a decision to leave one for another would not be an easy one or one taken in haste.
That is why I think someone should be putting the PCCC out there as a viable alternative rather than relying on people to join just because it's not BASSA. I don't know if they are going to be any good for the members or just good for the Daily Mailites. Either way the people need to know.
As for who leads it, normally I would agree with your view about members not knowing who leads nationally. It is all usually about local representation. In this case though the PCCC is being formed locally within one company. So who leads and voices the policies may be important this time around.
None of this would be the way I would have dealt with the whole situation, it is, unfortunately the way that BA CC find themselves heading. Ultimately it is they who will make the decisions. I can't help thinking that the camp will be divided for a long time to come...