PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jon Stevens INXS behaviour - Jetstar shines.
Old 27th Jan 2011, 06:27
QF A330

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My wife is a S/H CSM mainline who has 30+ years service.
She still loves her job and goes to work and comes home with a beaming smile on her face due to her people skills and the folks she works for in the passenger cabin and her crew mates.......................except for the Gen X and Y who yap to each other all of the time, whinge about their rosters IF they turn up to work and when asked what they want to do at the briefing always say "I want to work on the cart with her/him" and think it is the end of the world to have to work up the front. Experience is essential for this job and contrary to the previous posts about the "beehives" they are what made the airline what it was and now amalgamated with the rest of the company is going to lose an asset which is impossible to replace when they retire.
S/H and L/H staff I have met and had the pleasure of their service in many years of travel have been 95% fantastic and the First/ Business crew are a credit to the company.
And there is no way that a pax who the ground staff say "has had a few" will be boarded due to the fact that they are an unknown risk and when they promise to have no more once they are boarded want another drink ASAP.
Safety first.
Not knowing the facts of the thread starter topic we can only hope that it was a logical and rational decision.