PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - USER FEES A "STEP BACKWARD" IN THE "GOOD OLE USofA"....Bring THIS one 'in' Dick...
Old 27th Jan 2011, 05:04
Ex FSO GRIFFO

Received 45 Likes on 20 Posts
Nice logical sentiment Mr Ops........

Now let me see......

I wonder just WHERE we would get the 'Commercial ops/RPT' services from, without the G/A component who TRAINED the 'Commercial ops / RPT' guys and gals, and who provided the opportunities for them to GRADUATE to the lofty 'RPT' heights by way of doing tourist flights, flight instruction, local awk, surveys - think roads, airstrips, airports - they're the bigger airstrips for those RPT ops - minerals etc etc...not to mention good ole RFDS et al....Did I mention 'Angel Flights..??'

I mean, just pump a heap of $$'s into the 'Commercial ops/RPT stuff because the PUBLIC SEE THEM MORE....?? Must be votes in that!!
Are you a pollie...??

It has been said that the local AD is the most important Main Street in many a town - look at QLD at the mo.
Even larger ad's like Rocky come to mind.....
Try telling a pilot that he cannot land FREE to provide his service.....
(To those Councils who would dare to allow such a thing...)

Do we pay tolls for EVERY road we use?? I believe not. Should I choose to use a toll road for whatever reason, then that is my choice and I pay accordingly.
I do not pay DIRECTLY to drive down the main street of my town.
I DO pay indirectly thru my various taxes / rates etc and, not to mention the FUEL taxes I pay at the bowser.....

Whch sort of brings us back to the original argument.......N'est-ce pas..??

Cheers