PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryan calls...
Thread: Ryan calls...
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2011, 03:23
max_continuous

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think that is why airlines such as Ryanair are fairly blunt in the way they design, and phrase the wording on, their recruitment web pages... but...there are still those out there who hope the "well a CV in the mail can't hurt, afterall they might need someone at short notice and not be bothered going to the list" approach will work.

Folks I am not looking to start an argument, and the banter between me and VJW is just that, banter, but I can honestly say this:

Oxford grads have, in my experience and based on my observation, gained interviews with Ryanair within a "reasonable" period of time following their applications, which have in turn been submitted very soon after graduating. In addition I have been told, first-hand, from the mouth of the horse, without any question of hearsay, speculation, or conjecture, that an Oxford grad (integrated!) can inform the school that they have not had a call and this will be followed by OAA contacting RYR and "chasing it up".

Now, that is OAA saying that, so I am not saying that that particular phonecall ever happens, or if it does that it has any influence (in fact I hope it does not), but I am reporting what I was told...

I strongly suspect that a similar story could be relayed by a "graduate" of any other flight school.

OAA grads are not pushed by OAA staff to Ryanair, frankly they don't need to be, it's done by peer pressure and some much more subtle means like a great big list of names and the word Ryanair on a board located on the way from the "crew" room to the sims. If OAA grads are now being pushed anywhere it is Parc Aviation i.e. Easyjet, and the £35k that is payable direct to OAA, but they (we, I am one after all) are getting into RYR in large numbers.

Last edited by max_continuous; 27th Jan 2011 at 03:54.