PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - USER FEES A "STEP BACKWARD" IN THE "GOOD OLE USofA"....Bring THIS one 'in' Dick...
Old 26th Jan 2011, 21:52
Jack Ranga

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One hundred and sixteen members of the U.S. House of Representatives have signed a letter (PDF) to President Barack Obama urging him not to support aviation user fees as a means to fund the FAA's budget for 2012.
So, one.......hundred........and.............sixteen members..........

would indicate to anybody with half a brain reading this that if you have 116 members of a parliament mobilised there must be some SERIOUS lobbying from..............the people

Part of the reason that aviation is in the mess that it's in, in this country is that Australians are lazy, apathetic whingers. Get off your arses and do something about the things you hate in aviation

I read somewhere that Hervey Bay has stopped landing charges for lighties. When things recover I would think that someone should organise a rather large fly-in as a show of support. Show the other councils what effect aviation can have on the economy if they welcome people to their town.........spending money.

And if anybody from the US is reading this thread and wants to know what a pox user pays is, how much damage it does, how it encourages lack of airmanship etc address your enquiries on this thread to one Dick Smith.

I'll look forward to his defence of: location specific charges, user pays.