PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 8
Thread: Ryanair - 8
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2011, 15:25
BFS101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think Belfast has seen the last of MOL and his gang yet.
Oh please God no!!!!!!

Belfast (and Northern Ireland) is a fairly limited market. We have wide domestic competition with Easyjet and FlyBE, with also British Midland International, bmibaby, Jet2 and Aer Lingus on a smaller amount of domestic routes.

Coupled with many of the aforementioned carriers serving a wide number of European destinations, many in competition with fellow loco's or the charters. Some from NI will still also consider Dublin as an option increasing competition further! Many European routes have been tried and failed, showing perhaps the lack of imagination on the whole from the Northern Irish travelling public.

Yes, the UK is a capitalist economy, but don't ruin (in my opinion) the equilibrium NI currently has by simply replacing existing carriers with the lower service operation that FR offer. FR have also stated that in the future they may reduce their emphasis on soley being the cheapest option, so really what's the gain??? Extortionate baggage charges and having to print your own boarding pass!!! Oh please God no!!! (Ready for my retaliation).