PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - USER FEES A "STEP BACKWARD" IN THE "GOOD OLE USofA"....Bring THIS one 'in' Dick...
Old 26th Jan 2011, 09:52
OZBUSDRIVER

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Oh how I wish Smith looked at the whole picture before he cherry picked "world's best practice".....Smith....I remember you with your campaign to cut costs...remember your desk top full of AIP ammendments....The US of A had Flight services yet Smith wanted our version gone...ATC and the new untried in the world TAAATS with all the bells and whistles could do all of that....funny that bit....then the really smartest men in the GA room saw a way of getting rid of nav charges and flying for free in uncontrolled airspace...and allowed the government to abuse the Bosch report and bring in "User Pays"..those same smartest men in the room are championing the fight against ADS-B for fear of those fees they thought they got rid of all those years ago...and here we have the Gold Standard" of World's best practice fighting to keep government support and their general fuel levy as well as the support of a FAA that actually SUPPORTS AVIATION.....I wish!