PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions III
Old 26th Jan 2011, 09:18
Diplome

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't believe any reasonable individual would state that BA had no part in creating the climate that created the unreasonable sense of entitlement that BASSA have regarding their influence in BA operations.

Duncan Holley is the logical result of BA's past approach. If everytime a Union pitches a fit they get results you choose a leader who can pitch a fit. However, times have changed and a more nuanced approach is required. Mr. Holley compares rather poorly in this regard. BA seems determined to solve the BASSA problem and BASSA has refused to accept and adjust to that change. I don't believe this is about Union busting. It is advantagous to BA to have a reasonable and progressive Union to work in partnership with..but it is definitely a change in course that BASSA simply seems unable to absorb at this point.

Litebulb states so well:
I don't know how many times I have reacted to news and disagreed with it, because I didn't want to hear it. The moment BA were willing to take a huge financial hit in excess of £150m, to take on a huge majority vote, then that was it. TW and DS no doubt saw this and got round the table to try and buffer the pain. These two old communist militant trouble makers and whatever else pprune would like to call them, saw this. But the news was just not acceptable, no matter how true.

There are hints on the main CC thread that PCCC is ready to come out of the shadows. More problems for BASSA if true.