PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A plea to BA ground staff
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2011, 10:39
gr8tballsoffire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are quite a number of relevant points here. Whilst it is true that some gates in T5 are quite a distance away it is still by far the best major terminal in the UK.

Travelling through any airport terminal involves a process where inevitably you have to pass a number of hurdles. It can be incredibly frustrating when there is a hold up at any of those points.

In a past life I worked for BA in T4 and our punctuality was pretty dreadful. When we analysed the reasons for the causes of delays it was found that the two main causes were passengers doing last minute shopping and exec club members leaving the lounge late.

Since BA moved the majority of it's operation to T5 punctuality has improved beyond recognition and it now has one of the best records amongst European based carriers despite LHR being one of the worst run airports.

Churchinchow's experience of witnessing the kind of appaling behaviour can not be condoned and whether the staff involved were having a bad day is no excuse.

Can I suggest that best way to deal with it is to report it to a Duty Manager immediately (time allowing) as well a formal complaint with full details such as time, place, names.

I can assure you that those complaints ARE followed up and the culprits disciplined if warranted.

Thanks for the tip about gate 10A/B, I am due to travel out of T5 next week and
hope to avoid it!!

Betty Girl, I enjoy reading your posts and despite havig left the company over ten years ago I am equally loyal to BA. It is the best company I have been with and the best group of colleagues I had the pleasure to work with.

BA is always easy pickings for criticism as the flag carrier, but when people have tried other airlines they can see that BA compares favourably with the majority of it's competitors.They do,however need to keep improving their product and customer service standards to compete with some of the Middle and Far East airlines. Hopefully the cabin crew dispute will be settled soon and everyone in BA can pull together again.