PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Qantas Looks To Improve International Product
Old 25th Jan 2011, 04:15
jj232

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Having not flown Qantas Int for 20 years I recently used Qantas return to Johanessburg. To be honest I am surprised anyone travels with them internationally when there is other airlines like Singapore or Emirates on the same route. The reason I say this is they are normally the most expensive option but more importantly they really do fall down on the service side of things.

I am not sure if Australians can ever do service as well as the Singaporeans do but I am sure they can do much better than what I endured during the two flights recently. On both flights there would not have been an fa under 45! This is not to say older people can't do the job but I think after so many years working as an fa they have become stale and don't really want to be there but the conditions are probably too good to leave. On the day flight out of Sydney as soon as we departed they made sure all the shutters stayed closed so as many people as possble would sleep so they did not have to do anymore than min. The English guy next to me was on his first Qantas flight and noted in all the years he has been flying he has never been on a plane where he goes six hours or so without seeing a flight attendant. They all went to their little section and closed the curtain so as not to be bothered. Anyone who flys knows how dry the air is in the cabin and regular drinks are required to remain hydrated.Why should passengers have to chase down a flight attendant to get a drink. On Singapore the girls never stop walking up and down with a tray of drinks. There are several other issues I have but don't want to be here all day.

The people at Qantas responsible for making these changes really ought to booked themselves on A Singapore flight and just take notes the whole time.

I really want to support Australian companies but I have booked with Singapore to Joburg in May via Singapore because the whole experience is just so much better!!!

I am sure Qantas can improve but do these people responsible really what to make the changes required?