PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tripple A policy for offloading bags of no show passengers on the same booking
Old 24th Jan 2011, 18:00
speedbird_481_papa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tripple A policy for offloading bags of no show passengers on the same booking

Hi All! I hope that we are all well.

I was wandering if anyone can help me out here in that a colleague of mine at the airport I work at is facing disciplinary action for apparently a check-in error that she made at the end of December 2010.

To cut a very long story short, There were 3 people travelling. 2 on one reference, and one on a single reference. Both these bookings were booked by the same person living at the same address and the same card was used to book the flights. So It was obvious that they were all travelling together on the same flight.

Now, MRS A and Ms B Are on the same reference and Ms C is an internet boarding pass on her own separate reference.

Ms C never comes to check-in as she has already her boarding pass.

MRS A and Ms B Come to check-in and wish to check-in 1 bag between them.

All is good until boarding. Flight boarded with Ms C boarded but then for some reason then gets de-boarded.

Mrs A and Ms B travelling together also board.

Yet later on Ms C on her own reference and internet boarding pass gets offloaded after being boarded through DCS. Now apparently, but I do not know a huge ammount about my colleagues dilemma about the case, Ms C had Ms A's boarding pass with completely different names and a bag checked in.

So that was why Ms C was removed and apparently Mrs A was not travelling at all. But then why would my colleague check-in Mrs A as an airport check-in with Ms B on the same reference without seeing the actual person and their valid photographic I.D? Yet alone add the bag to Mrs A's name.

So Mrs A and Ms B were boarded in DCS and that was that.

But it later came to light that the bag actually belonged to Ms C and that it was on the flight.

And honestly. This IS the reader's Digest version of events! So sorry this is a bit long winded!

So a couple of questions have come to light here and I would like to help my colleague resolve their unfortunate dilemma.

Now if Mrs A wasn't actually travelling then Why did the gate staff not get the bag removed? Even though Ms B was travelling because the bag was associated with Mrs A and therefore Mrs A was responsible for that bag, shouldn't the bag have been removed?

Now I know all handling agents are under huge stress to achieve OTP and perhaps sending that a/c out early but surely not compromising security and Tripple A Regs? Or have I mis-interpreted something here?

Also, could the boarding agent, be held responsible as well, for boarding the wrong passenger through DCS and not finding out exactly what was happening with these passengers?

And I have tried searching the forums but can not find the answer that I am searching for.

Is there anyone out there that can tell me the exact policy for this scenario? And if there is anywhere online that I can find the Tripple A law or any other applicable security procedures to help them out?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

ADMINS: If I have posted this in the wrong part of the forum could you please move it to the right one for me? Thanks!