PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions III
Old 24th Jan 2011, 11:51
BetterByBoat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess there are really 2 disputes going on here:

1) With Cabin Crew which I suspect would never have started, or at least been resolved by now, if they were represented by TW \ Unite without BASSA involvement. I hate to say it but Cabin Crew are, I think, now irrelevant to this dispute.

2) With BASSA - and this is now the key dispute. Sadly the cabin crew strikers caught in the middle are cannon fodder and saddest of all, their Union (at least in the guise of DH) has no interest in their views or futures. Hopefully Cabin Crew will see his latest rant as proof that he is only interested in those that agree with him. And you can't live life like that, no matter who you are. BA can't, and after 14 months, won't let BASSA "win" - that should be obvious no matter what your views. Just an oberver - surely you can see that the unconditional return of staff travel is a corner stone to that.

Enough from me .... hopefully cabin crew will see that they are only of interest to DH while they support him in his quest.

BG and everyone else at BA that help keep the airline flying - keep up the good work.