PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions III
Old 24th Jan 2011, 10:20
moses30u

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
“BASSAs refusal to negotiate on existing T&Cs that has caused the rapid growth in Mixed Fleet”. Errmm, I don’t think so! Nobody except BA are responsible for setting up the new cheap fleet. They also set the pace. Unless you’re saying that BA are punishing the strikers for daring go against them, in which case, I’d question any business strategy based on rash decisions, which seek to punish a group of employees.

“Lets face it, why has not other department at BA got the same problem?”. Weren’t BALPA calling for a strike a few years ago, due to a cheap fleet of pilots arriving? BA staff going on wild cat strikes during the Gate Gourmet dispute? There are probably others, I can’t be bothered to Google.

“Why does no other department mistrust WW so much?” Does any other staff employee group in BA have a condition of employment written into their contract, which states they can be binned for commercial reasons or sickness? Has any other department been told they must work alongside a cheap labour resource?

Why is there such a queue of VCC from every other department out to break this strike? Greed, management pressure and a jolly. Do the VCC’s get £2.40 an hour for being away BetterbyBoat?

Tell me BetterbyBoat - what else do you want from the cabin crew? A further pound of flesh?