PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions III
Old 24th Jan 2011, 09:53
call100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by moses30u
Mariner - I'm not doubting that BA are meeting the bare minimum legal requirements for the new cheap fleet.

"....commercial reality says will largely depend upon market forces". I think it's you who has it the wrong way round.

Market forces, particularly labour markets, can be and often are exploited and manipulated by business. BA set the heights in terms or previous T&C's. They've now set the lows.
You won't get anywhere here with that, although I agree entirely, a majority of the posters think that workforces are there to be exploited. This is regardless of the BA dispute.
Nothing changes the fact that people in their thousands are unhappy. The popular train of thought here is that they have been bamboozled. I don't believe that to be the case.
BASSA may have gone about things in entirely the wrong way, but, it would seem that a large amount of people have experienced the down side of the company.
There is also the assumption that those who moved are happy and satisfied rather than scared or financially forced.